Can't believe i'm going to miss Polling Day this general elections. It was just announced that it's going to be on May 7th and even make it a public holiday just so people can go vote. I'm going to be in orlando, half way around the world from Singapore. Not like i'm of age to vote anyway. But it's just interesting to see how things will turn out, the stronger opposition this time round and all the debates about rising costs of living, increasing number of foreigners and stuff. Will the tables turn this time? hmmm.
"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get any worse every time Congress meets." - Will Rogers. This quote is so so funny, yet it reflects so much about the tax system in the States. Watched The Inconvenient Truth with nam yesterday evening at the Blanton Art Museum. Such an interesting documentary on the US tax system which opened my eyes to its political significance here. The tax system in Singapore seems to simple and straightforward compared to the one here. If I couldn't cope with the simple Singapore tax system last semester in school, tax really isn't my thing.
Dallas and Fort Worth last weekend was fun. New Orleans this weekend. I can't wait! But school next week is going to be crazy, I can already feel it coming. last 2 weeks of school in UT Austin ever. I'm going to miss classes here man, so ironic huh.
i like this quote alot. strikes me hard and a reminder to stop holding back and to love like i've never been hurt before. stop being scared of being hurt and forget the horrible pain it could bring caz that's the past.
and yes, i'm starting to believe in love again. ( :